R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 10-19-2009, 06:14 AM
nitrobeast
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
The 12th scale front end springs and kingpins, react quicker and keep the front end flatter due to the fact that have less travel. With these cars having so much traction, they always feel kind of "stuck" on the carpet, so I have found that going to these springs in the front help keep the front end feeling lighter and less "stuck".
Thats exactly the problem im having. Someone who was at vegas said our track has "vegas grip"..Here is what i had to do to not have the "stuck" feeling...Green front springs, 5 deg blocks, one caster shim arms front, wide track width, 17.5lb center spring, red tweak springs, thick damper tube fluid,1/4" front sause. I CA'ed the front sidewall. I had white, 10deg block, full caster, middle track width, 17.5lb center spring, red tweak springs, thick damper tube fluid. The car would dive so hard that the rear would lift.

The way the car is now its feels like it needs more on power steering. Should i add some caster back? How about damper tubes or tweak springs?
Thanks for the help.