R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Time to make the switch?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 07:32 AM
jnyrcr
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
The Tekin and Castle systems work, the Xcelerin and Novak HV systems don't. With anything this high powered and complex, people are bound to do something air headed and fry it. Realizing how much $$ they just cost themselves with a simple brain fart, they go online, whine... cry and blame the system. I have the Castle 2200 and the Tekin 1700 truggy systems. The Castle is almost a year old and the Tekin is coming up on 6 months, NO ISSUES. In fact during one of my races, the Tekin ESC broke loose from its mount, and yanked the sensor wire out of the motor. The truggy just kept right on going, and I finished the race.

When properly assembled and treated, they are every bit as reliable as the 10th scales.
yea I guess thats why the 1/10 scale thread is full of the same storys, all those whinners that don't know what there doing, wow, I don't expect these to be as reliable as 1/10 when there not spending anymore on them than they are, if I buy a 1/10 gas motor it cost about half of what an 1/8 gas motor cost, you make me a 250 to 300 esc thats bullet proof and I'll buy it all day long, and I think most people would, but to sit here and say that 1/8 esc is as reliable as a 1/10 just isn't true.