R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Time to make the switch?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 05:52 AM
SwisströM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rememberthis
Hello, after a good deal of consideration I am thinking about getting a 1/8 electric buggy to use for club racing. I have some experience with nitro and am quite fond of these cars, but after reading a number of threads here, I think the electric counterpart is definitively worth a try. I have done a considerable amount of reading regarding electric cars and their components, but the shear amount of information makes me very easily sidetracked. I am leaning towards the Hot Bodies Ve8 kit and the Tekin RX8/Redline T8 1/8th Scale Buggy Brushless ESC/Motor Combo (2050kV) and maybe the Thunder Power "Pro Race" 4S Li-Polymer Battery 40C (14.8V/5000mAh). I am still wondering what else do I need to complete the kit in terms of electronics? Do the kits come with gears or pinions? Do these components come recommended? Can anyone provide better or more reliable parts? Thanks in advance, the direct responses are very helpful.
Excellent choices.

To complete the setup you'll need:

- Longer sensor cable (I recommend TQ Racing 275mm), if you want to use the RX8 sensors
- Steering servo (I'm using a Hitec 7955TG and it's really good)
- Brake servo (if you want to use mechanical brakes, I don't).
- Hotbodies Pinion Gear (don't use another brand, it will be much quieter with HB pinions).
- Tekin Hotwire (to run the motor in "reverse moder", required for the HB Ve8)