R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 10-15-2009, 05:11 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ditto on lower and upper pod plate. I would add the bumper if you run the full size one. Here are some ways to improve strength as you replace breakage.

CRC heavy duty 4 mm top pod plate

SRC Heavy duty pod bottom plate very recently available

SRC Shortie Bumper Kit This should be your second bumper if you break one. Recently available, it includes a shorter graphite bumper and install kit for the CRC foam bumper. Also there is a Kydex bumper available from Manutech.

Most guys at our track loose pieces rather than break pieces. Back out each screw that is near the pod a couple of turns. Wipe in some blue loctite under the head. Retighten. Losses include red ball studs side link ball nuts (female ballstuds), Battery tray support Posts! All the screws types that go into the pod side plates and side links.

I like to have a pair of front axles on hand and a spare set of front springs and kingpins and one set of arms.

you don't have to get these right away. Usually a failure, though, will stop your racing for that weekend.

Hippie-I don't use damper tubes, someone else please suggest a lube.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-20-2009 at 08:54 PM.