R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who here re-uses rims and foams?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 09:25 PM
fast11970
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan D.
I've been re-using aka foam and rims since they came out.

I cut along the center of the tire to remove the foam. Then I bake the wheels at 350* for about 8 minuets to get the tire of the rim.

The bet method to get the tire of the rim is to use acetone. Be sure to remove your foam before dunking the rims in acetone. Usually take a few days for this method to work, as I have been told.
I reuse alot of wheels and foams, Yes, cut up the center, point AWAY from the foams, get a one gallon NEW paint can and lid, fill it with Acetone, remove any foams you wanna keep, drop the used rubbers in the cleaning solution..wait a day or so...toss the used rubber (they are yukkie!) look for any weird cracks of other related "stains" if all is sanitary, dremmel the wheels to remove sharp edges and provide a nice sealing surface for the glue, Mount her with the foam and rubber and get your glue on!

It may take a few sets of the same wheels to get four good "mounts" depending on how much you rode your Exes...But 4 good Exes is so much better to mount than one new unknow pack of 4...

If you understand this...I pitty you...