R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Noob needs Christmas help
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
JatoTheRipper
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chem_fun
WOW, great information.

The traxxas e-maxx looks cool but is a bit steep in price compared to the Stampede.

RC Dad, I was beginning to think that a 1/10th size would be better in the corn field. I forsee only using the driveway for speed runs and jumps, as the driveway is really just a straight shot with a small turn around. Though, you're right. They are more inexpensive.

I'm leaning toward a Traxxas Slash or Stampede. Partially due to the fact that they're waterproof. I'm thinking that it would be better in the hardpacked snow? The also look like they'll have enough clearance for the corn field.

The High Roller looks fun, but the waterproof feature seems like a good idea (comments welcome).

Granted, I'm thinking all this w/o having seen a 1/18th in person (in quite some time), they might work out if they've got the clearance.

On another note...does a crawler go fast? ie; Could we build a jump in the driveway and have a good time? Or are they just slower moving climbers?
I think the Slash has less ground clearance than the Stampede. Double check this, though. Again, this could present a problem when running in grass or in a rough field. Both the Slash and Stampede are only rear wheel drive, though. But you can't beat a Traxxas vehicle for your first. They're inexpensive, include nearly everything you need to get running, and they can take a beating! Slashes are known for being virtually unbreakable and insanely fun.