R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - my first .21 engine.....
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 03:27 PM
silverM3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
I think you would be happy with the 9853 pipe. the one you have is a torque pipe, but it limmits the engine and doesn't let it breathe. the ws7 is a great engine, and probablly needs to be tuned better. I will admit it lacks bottom end, and the guy above said it could use stiffer springs. The buggy you have is heavier than the newer cars, that engine would work great in a lighter car. I had a s7 in a 7.5 and it was slower on bottom end too. I know exactly what your saying. It's irritating. For that buggy I would get a Novarossi p5. You could send the ws7 to get it modded and that might help. On the plus side the w7 is really reliable and will last for a long time. Good luck. I suggest getting an xray 808 buggy and putting that ws7 engine in it. Perfect combo.
I just used to run WS7 as well. Very nice engine. RB is very high quality and it would last a lot longer than 2 gallons. The question I would ask is, is it really a 2 gallon old engine? If yes, then I would invest in a NovaRossi 9853 or 9886. If you are unsure, I would rather spend the money on a Nova Plus 21-4