R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Noob needs Christmas help
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
RC Dad
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
You really think the Mini-T is fragile? I have to say I have found the opposite to be true. My Mini-B takes a beating as good as any mini RC I have. It's certainly been more durable than my Vendetta ST which has snapped the plastic axles and smoked two ESCs with very little use. The Vendetta is great, but I've found that you need throw money into it to make it durable. I have never driven an RC18 so I can't compare it to that.

I do agree that 4WD is probably the way to go especially since he has slippery, laminate floors.
If you add the upper plate and the wide bumper the Mini-T's are OK. I pop a lot of ball cups more than shattering parts since those easy mods. My T would never survive the stuff that the 18T's go through at our house.

chem_fun, the Slashes are pretty popular and durable and I'd recommend that over the 'pede if for no other reason than resale value. Plus - if you get the itch - the Slash is actually raceable at most tracks with few mods. However the Stampede might do better in corn stubble unless you spring for the 4WD Slash.

Crawlers are very slow, great fun for a very specific purpose only. They can be geared/motored up but they really don't handle speed well.