R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:14 PM
VRacing
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Here we just didn't have time to test so we ended up splitting the class. Not NECESSARILY a bad thing as it looks like the "shoes" (such as we are) will move into the 1s / 13.5 SuperStock class which should give everyone else a shot at the glory in the 1/12 Stock (4-cell / 17.5 or 27T). That was the theory anyway, last year's champ (the elder Poulson brother) will run both. I think we should make him run 1s / 17.5 in it. Heck, maybe I will too since it's looking like my only chance to run 1s Stock will be in Minot.
Scottrik,

Don't forget about trying your 1s 17.5 stock when you come up to Great Falls for the inagural Montana State 1/12th Team Shootout Series!

We've got 9 or 10 guys for race nights with 5 switching over to Lipo/17.5. We're on a small track for most of you (26x54) and still figuring the Rollout for the Lipo's, getting pretty close. We run everybody together and it's been great so far. The competition is closer than ever and it's really anybodys game now to be in the top 4 for the A-main. We haven't compensated any weight and our whole group has ended up performing in a tighter pack. We've had more fun in the last couple of weeks with close racing than we've had in a long time. Adrenaline man, it's a good thing.

I can see on a large layout, things might not match up. Smaller, tighter layouts don't look to be an issue. Maybe it's good for the fastest guys to have to race with somebody instead of running away from them? Those Poulsen's are to fast anyway, aren't they?

Aaron