R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
20 tenths Next you'll be asking for 2 seconds!
You pass. The kids LOVE it when I give "improper fractions" and they can catch me on it. See, you're not getting older...you're just like my 12-13 yo students!!

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
You know, just for conversation..... has anyone tried 3 cell nimh against the 1S format with equal running weight? I know that you would have to go through all the booster/rx pack stuff for the 3 cell car, but would it ease the transition of the nimh guys into 1S and keep a club from splitting up the 12th scale classes?

Let's just suppose there is a club the runs about a dozen 12th scale cars, some are moving over to 1S while the others are left behind due the economy or what ever. I would guess that you could have the 4 cell guys drop a cell and have the new minimum weight be something like 800g for everyone. Sure, there will be some weight balancing to do in the chassis, but could it work? Will chargers correctly peak off 3 cells? The idea is.... a 4 cell guy would have just a few more race packs. And when the time comes, the switch over to 1S wouldn't be drastically different to the equipment once the budget allows it.
I think the Minot group are doing something very much along those lines, though I have yet to see the details like weights or anything.

Here we just didn't have time to test so we ended up splitting the class. Not NECESSARILY a bad thing as it looks like the "shoes" (such as we are) will move into the 1s / 13.5 SuperStock class which should give everyone else a shot at the glory in the 1/12 Stock (4-cell / 17.5 or 27T). That was the theory anyway, last year's champ (the elder Poulson brother) will run both. I think we should make him run 1s / 17.5 in it. Heck, maybe I will too since it's looking like my only chance to run 1s Stock will be in Minot.