R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Bubblestc3
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: TC3

Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Hey guys. Been thinking of buying a TC3 racer kit to replace my TL-01. I guess I kinda made the mistake of buying the Monster stock as its not big on HP like the other stock motors which is one of the later reasons why I thought my sedan's acceleration wasnt satisfying. However, the first reason I assumed it was slow was due to my car, the TL-01. Few reasons were 1) its weight, 2)limited gear ratio, 3)drivetrain probably zapping my power and speed with all the extra bulky gears. The TC3 may seem to fit the bill. I have a 21T pinion, about the same size as the Associated pinions and wondering, will it be a fine combo with a stock TC3 or should I get a 23T pinion? Anyone else running the Monster in their TC3? I hear is quite a motor as lots of people are using it though. Guess it will be better in a better car.
Try using a 25tooth pinion with the stock 72spur. I am guessing that the 21tooth pinion is from your TL-01, if that is the case then you can not use it. Tamiya gears are 04module which is metric 48p, and they do not mix.

The monster is a great motor, you just have to gear it accordingly to what track length you are running on. As you would with any motor, you need to cut it and change brushes to keep it going fast, and the hp's up there. I personally try to cut my Monster every two or three runs according to brush wear. The more you cut it, the more round the com will be and the less copper you will be taking off.