R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 03:32 AM
k_bojar
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by devilchrist
Looks like this car has more suspension travel, and only limited by shocks.

Anyone know if there are other cars that I can swap out the shocks with to get more travel?

thinking of converting it in to rally. think,.. porsche rally. haha
actually there is more limiting the suspension travel then just the shocks...gotta remember if you give the car TOO much travel, the CVD will not fit correctly into the diff out drives...

try removing those 'plates' from under the front and rear diff cars - that will raise the chassis and give you more ride height...also back out the screws in the suspension arms that act as the 'downstops' - that will also give you a good chunk more of suspension movement..

but if you are going to make it into a rally setup, definitely go with a standard TC shock - you don't need anything super long, just a standard shock like you'd see on a cyclone, Sport2, tc5 etc, and those will DEFINITELY give you more ground clearance..

I do believe that if you remove the downstop on the suspension arms and the lowering plates under the diff houses, you'll get what you are looking for I did it on mine, and was suprised how much clearance I had - then i lowered everything back down to a 'race level' ride height