R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Last year, I was running my NTC3, so I don't have to deal with the front shock of the 705 and Serpent PRO problem, but I have 2 close friends that run 705....one mounted the shock behind the tower (like D) and one is using the stock setting, mount them in front of the tower per manual said.....the 705 that mounted in front, broke at least 10-12 front shock shaft last summer, the record is 3 shaft in 1 race day.....and they all snapped at the threaded area between the shaft of the ball cup.

From what I have seen, that is exactly like "D" said, the shocks are placed in ANGLE (from the TOP VIEW look down)....with the screws mounting them in, it might be some tension formed somewhere on the shaft....so as long as the IMPACT (while racing) is strong enough, it will snap.

My other friend, saw the problem at the beginning, mounted the shock behind the tower, and exactly like "D", he has to add some spacer to form a straight line from top to bottom (again, looking down from the top to bottom).....but, he ended up 2 broken shaft in the last race season, and that is absolutely acceptable.

Will the 710 do the same...? I really don't know, but I will definitely mount the shock BEHIND the tower and try to make the shock positiioned as straight as possible (by adding more spacer)