R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Electric On Road ROAR Nationals at Hobbytown USA "The Coliseum"
Old 10-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Robbie, Paul and all the winners for a great race and to the ROAR crew for running a good, fair race and I think most importantly sticking to their guns with the rules that they set in place.

The turn out was a little light but I really don't think the class winners would have ended up any different if more people showed up as all these racers had their stuff together this weekend. I was more dissapointed not to see attendance in the 1/12 and WGT classes but that's pretty normal as CRC, Speed Merchant and many others don't really support the Asphalt Nationals like they will the indoor carpet races (this isn't meant to be shot at them, just stating fact). For me, this is a shame as the WC is usually on asphalt and really we need more race experience on asphalt to improve our asphalt racing skills. Also, with the teams/drivers these companies bring then it generates more interest from other racers/companies to compete which fills up the classes.

Again, great job by the the Hobby Town staff and ROAR for a great event!