R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX6
Thread: Mugen MBX6
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 03:10 AM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

On another note - This saturday my buddy Didier and I won a local "classic" race, the 4 Hours of Gland (that's the name of the city), with 25 crews competing in the event (yes, 25cars on the 42s-lap track... lotsa traffic). That was our first participation, as both him and I used to race electric until our track closed and we "had to" find another category to run.

No technical issue during 4 hours of almost flat-out running, with tires (bowtieM2), filter and Rx Lipo change at 2hrs. We won despite a really, really frightening moment at 3:46 when one of the M3 locknuts holding the rear left camber link decided to flee off the car and we were juste 1 lap ahead of the runner-up. Fortunately I could find a spare locknot and fix the car quickly (Didier was driving), so we still managed to win that one by about 20s 15mns later. Amazing to think that after 4hrs and 300+ laps, #1 and #2 ended up in the same lap.

The Moog was absolutely superb, and above all, bombproof (barring that stoopid M3 nylstop), especially in the rough stuff (imagine what the track looked like after 3.5hrs) where the long suspension travel really, really shone - the drivers weren't bad either I guess I started pulling the car apart yesterday evening for a thorough cleaning and inspection, and it looks barely different from 4hrs ago (the car has run about 30L ie 8 gallons since april).

Setup:
- 7/7/3
- 400 and 6x1.25 F/R
- 9.75F / 11.0R
- Max droop F/R (at least as far as the shock length allowed without "pulling" on the shaft when flexing the arms "by hand")
- and best of all - N2001BF with 25%... barely slower than the other mills, but soooo much easier to drive than the true thoroughbreds that would loose traction much sooner in the dirt... the fact that it's a $150 engine doesn't hurt either

The car was a real dream. Superb way to wrap up the outdoors season!!! Thanks all those from the forum that helped me understand 8th scale this season, you know who you are

Paul

Last edited by Lonestar; 10-06-2009 at 05:37 AM.