R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX6
Thread: Mugen MBX6
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:55 AM
etgdpu
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Soapy
Hi Etgdpu,

Can I ask if your using standard discs and pads on your buggy.

The only reason I ask is I have seen some guys use the fibreglass avid type disc and leave the actual pads on and after a while these get superhot and bind up.

If using normal discs and pads, I suggest you ensure that you have about 3mm or more play inbetween the pads and the discs. i.e back the 2 screws off for the front discs and back the 2 off for the rear.
I usually have a lot of play here and use brake punch on my tx to jump to the bite spot on brakes when I just touch brakes on tx.
Hi,
I use the standard disks and pads. I believe that this may be a reason and therefore, I will follow your advise to leave them loose and have the Tx to do the job. However, I have to say that when we inspected it during the race weekend, everything looked perfect without any sign of bind anywhere.

Originally Posted by E-Dog
Hi, this might be a simple but overlooked answer. Don't over tighten the rear diffcase/bulkhead. I noticed when I built my MBX6 that the drivetrain binded especially the rear diff so I backed off 1 turn on the center top half diff mount and also the rear diff case/bulkhead. One very hard race weekend later (All my freinds wanted to try my buggy ) and all diffs are good for another very hard race weekend & drivetrain spins very freely
Hope your able to get the buggy working, I am extremely happy with mine
Unfortunately, everything is super smooth in the drive train and spins very freely. I asked for confirmation from all the local experts.
This is a ghost