View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:06 PM
E-Dog
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello all,
I would appreciate your help to the following problem:
I come from the 200mm world and I recently built a MBX6. I ran 2 races and both times I faced the same problem, after a while the middle differential gets fried and the silicone oil gets black and comes out of the shafts.
It is obvious that something binds to rear part of the car and makes the center differential to differentiate all the time and increases the temperature and fries the silicone oil, which was 20K (20, 20, 7).
The problem is that we can not discover where exactly is the problem. When the car is on the table everything works exact,y as it should. I asked the local experts to inspect the car and after many attempts, no one can say what is causing the problem. It seems that everything is perfect but after a while the car becomes totally unstable and impossible to drive, because the rear part binds and the center differential has increased temperature and becomes very light. After 30 minutes final, my front tires were totally worn out, while the rears were in very good condition and of course, I suffered from on power understeering.
Thanks in advance
Dimitris
Hi, this might be a simple but overlooked answer. Don't over tighten the rear diffcase/bulkhead. I noticed when I built my MBX6 that the drivetrain binded especially the rear diff so I backed off 1 turn on the center top half diff mount and also the rear diff case/bulkhead. One very hard race weekend later (All my freinds wanted to try my buggy ) and all diffs are good for another very hard race weekend & drivetrain spins very freely
Hope your able to get the buggy working, I am extremely happy with mine