R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX6
Thread: Mugen MBX6
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 PM
etgdpu
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jeff Ford
Check to see it the rear center cvd pin is hitting in the brake rotor. The center pins are 1mm shorter than outdrive axle ones and if wrong one happened to get pressed in at factory, it would bind. Also check to make sure that the brakes are not hanging up or that under full throttle, if the front or rear brake linkage is not set correctly causing the brakes to come on slightly.. I did that on first one I ever built..

Also make sure that a front or rear diff is not shimmed to tight..
The pin is 12.75mm long and it comes flat with the outdrive but it does not get further out to touch the disk. I will check with other MBX6 in the track to see the difference.
I have already rounded with the dremmel the opposite corner of the eccenters, so it does not brake under full throttle.
I have my brakes set that they do not touch the disks at the neutral point but when I touch the trigger to the brake, they come in contact immediately. It was suggested to me to let a little looser the linkages, in order to avoid the braking when the chassis flexes and then set from the Tx the initial move to compensate the longer distance. But I believe that this could only happen when I am at neutral position, because when I am on throttle the linkages are so loose on the brake side that cannot cause the brakes to touch due to flex and I am for such a short time at the neutral, which I believe that even if it binded due to the flex it is so sudden and short that it cannot cause the diff to get fried. Any opinion on that?

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Make sure the brake levers aren't binding (over tightened center diff mount screws will do this) and also make sure the outdrives isn't seizing in the diff spur gear. Check for galling of the metal or scoring.
I have verified that even if I fully tighten the mount screws, the levers move totally free. I will check how is the contact between the rear outdrive of the center diff with the metal spur gear and I will let you know. But it is gonna take some time, because I do not want to open the diff before I have some concrete evidence that the problem is in the diff, in order not to ruin the real evidence that will make me discover the real problem.

Thanks guys.