R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 06:10 PM
geeunit1014
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akura2
Thanks for the info... the battery I'm using doesn't have the little "dip" in the front.... Notching the chassis was the only was I could go with mine....

BTW... I drove my car at Bending Corners Raceway yesterday (outdoor asphalt medium to high grip) for the first time and my car didn't have any of the "problems" people have been complaining about.... my car is silver can, with the smaller stock spur gear.... I drove it with the rear spring removed with the stock t-bar...

The car was straight as an arrow on the back straight... and the only thing I noticed was that it had some high speed understeer (not necessarily on power, just higher speed). low speed oversteer... but after a lap or two, it was really easy to get used to and compensate for... rear end was planted

Sight toe-in, stock tires, rear spring removed, stock t-bar, Team Orion 3400, Spektrum 3500, Novak XRS, negative camber setting, no tire additive....

if anyone has any ideas about the over/under steering issue, I'm all ears.. but other than that... the 104 is a keeper....
The battery im using is the IP5000, its taller than the orion packs(or just about any other pack). You may want to see if it will work for you.

Originally Posted by fat500
I am in need of a second f104 . If you have one pm me . Thanks, fat
mint cond and paypal please or new
How much are you looking to spend? Mine has been raced twice.