R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Electric On Road ROAR Nationals at Hobbytown USA "The Coliseum"
Old 10-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Protus
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
i doubt i would have changed the outcome and i have a baby due anyday so i wasnt able to go

and its just sad to see such a bad turnout its almost like going to a pga tour event and being told your playing from the ladies tees
Hmm, I see your point, but I think the ladies tees is the wrong analogy. The course, nor the rules were adjusted. A closer analogy would be arriving and being told that due to low turnout, all you have to do is tee off and you qualify for the finals and could possibly pair up with Tiger Woods. Sure Tiger may not be too happy with that but you can't fault the player that took advantage of an situation. Then again to most competitors, a win is a win. If you were a National level driver, I don't think you apply any less effort because, how bad would it be to be beaten by a local driver who just showed up.
Again I see your point about the Event, but I don't find it appropriate to cheapen the experience for those that participated.