R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - novarossi poor customer service :(
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 07:41 AM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
Houston, if you worked on Speeds I would send you mine. I can look at a failure and tell what caused it also ... to me that is the fun part. Most people look at it as removing and replacing parts ,but if you do not find the cause of the failure it will happen again.I've worked on Chainsaws, dirt bikes and jetskis all of my life while I am new to nitro I am discovering that physics plays some funny tricks at these high rpms.I might just buy a Novarossi and send it to you and see how well it can hold a tune. I am pretty sure that once one of these engines get a little play in the crank pin that is the point that ignition timing changes and you start chasing a tune. I feel that once you start chasing a tune you are headed for a failure very quickly.On a break in ...at what point should someone change the rod????
Rod slop needs to be monitored , if you preheat and do not overheat or overrev the engine a rod can last a long time . If you get your engine in the 300 degree + range then you should just for safety sake change your rod as they lose there tempering around those temps . Its ok if it was only for 1 lap or so but a whole heat , no buenos