R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 07:15 AM
Bobby Flack
Tech Regular

Originally posted by highwayman
kinda hard to explain tweak, but 4 and 3 are droop settings, not tweak, there is no factory setting for tweak.

(also, aside from my droop screws, i try to have the same shock lengths equal.)

... tweak is more of "balance" like when a portion of your car is heavier (example... rear left, where the engine is, ) tweaking you're car is the process by which you must compensate for this, so that you'll still have a level chassis. (i.e. by direct tweaking, you put more preload on the rear left shock, indirect tweaking, putting more preload to the front left shock, and remove the same amout of preload to the right front shock.)

You can check the tweak either by an MIP tweak station or just by lifting the center of the chassis and looking which tire leaves the ground first.

there are other articles you can look for to help explain tweak better.
Lifting the car up at the center and watching how far the tires lift is "Droop" not a method of setting tweak. For tweak you have to use a balance beam or scales or make darn sure all the shocks are the same length and the spring collars are all in the exact same place, of course this does not show any weight bias problems.

I had problems with the one-way until I started using the Serpent oil, not much of it though.

Ted