R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:16 PM
jdeadman
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Before I reply I will state that this is from my own experience as a newb carpet muncher. lol anyways I experienced a similar thing. It happen for a couple of reasons on my car.

1) The tires I started with were too hard for the track I was running on and I was getting wheel spin when on the throttle. Which was not evident untill I started to get a bit better and faster.

2) once that was fixed I still had the problem but it was much less. Now what had happened is since there are more of one corner than the other. (right vs left) the right sode had more wear on it and it caused the outside of the tires to become conical. outside of tire was norrower than the inside. which on the straight caused lack of traction on the right side.

3) Even if you car is tweaked right it still may be out of balance. my car was 3g heaver on the right (compounding the problem above) so I reset the car with a .5g left weighted balance. (I know I'll get flack for that) anyways. I hope this just gives you some idea's

I am no genius, still a newb in the B main