R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 AM
mikky32
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonny123
I made the change from the cyclone in this last week to the photon. All i can say is Right decision.

The build went really smoothly. The fit of all parts was mainly good. Its a really nice car. Even better in the flesh.

I ran the car for the first time on wednesday and it had loads of initial steering on the kit setup. The corner speed it carries is amazing and it just seemed to grip in a differant and better way than the cyclone. I tried Hpi pink and silver springs and the car felt better for me but there the springs ive ran for a long time.

Im very new to the car and have read every page of this forum in the last 2days. Now i feel like i know a bit.

Just need a good setup for Rubber (sweep 32) on carpet on a fairly tight track. I found on the cars first run that it had a bit too much steering and that it was eating away the front tyres away alot. It turned in amazingly but then it really oversteered mid corner and the back end was unstable mid corner and then i didnt have enough steering on corner exit.

Im really pleased with the car just need to know what direction to go in for setup.

-Jonny
Hi Jonny,
Can you post your setup?

I'm going soon to a small indoor track. It's also a tight track.

Greetings Emiel