R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pictures of a Losi XXX-SCT Short Course Truck.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:24 PM
*Chrominator*
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
By looking at the pic the battery hold down is identical to the SC10 and the rear bumper is pretty much the same as well. Looks to me like a great photshop job more than Losi making a XXX-T SCT.
It's all real, I did photo shop off (as you can see in the two pictures below) the White Losi & Graphite emblems, I also Photo Shopped all the screw holes and were you can see the T4 chassis bridged on top of the two Losi chassis, just to see if I could get people to believe that it was real, as in Losi really making one. I'm sorry.

Before

After

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
thats an SC10 chassis with the Losi parts added. Nice try, but great mod
Sorry Bigedmond you are incorrect.

Originally Posted by Briguy
No it`s not . You can`t put Losi bulkhead , Losi chassis , arms , and shock towers on a SC10 .
Yes and No, I've learned that when it come to RCs, if want it and are willing to try, anything is possible, as this project is a perfect example.

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
nope.Thats a losi chassis with sc10 parts added.I know a little something about adding sc10 parts to other Man. cars
Ding! Ding! Ding! we have a winner.

Originally Posted by CaseyP
looks like a stretched Losi chassis. Nice job Mike. how much longer is it?
Casey I stretched it 1 5/8''

Originally Posted by Crawler
The SC Losi SHOULD have released.

I have a XXXT sitting on my shelve. I have access to Associated body mounts, bumpers, tire/wheels, ect.... Now if I could get my hands on that chassis.
Crawler all you got to do is make one, it wasn't that hard, I'll show you how it did.

I cut a old MF1 as far back as I could. Then I cut a old BK2 chassis as far forward as I could, sorry I thought I took pictures of every step of the process, but I guess I didn't, but in this picture you can see the cut lines.

I then dremeled out the Losi battery braces to make the Losi chassis flat. Then I cut the center section out of a T4 chassis that I had, and used it to bridge the two Losi half's together, as you can see a little better in this picture.

I then made some little braces to help bridge and support the two chassis at the rear, (As per the suggestion of James ''the Bussdriver'' Gallatin, thanks) as you can see in the next couple of pictures.

At the front, I needed some upright post so I could use the SC10 folding battery brace which I really like, so cut about and 1'' of battery brace and post off of another old chassis, to make the front brace and post as you can see in the next couple of pictures.

I then drilled and screwed small screws and epoxied everything together, as you can see in this picture.

I then drilled, screwed, and Epoxied all three chassis together, as you can see in the next couple of pictures.

If anyone has any questions, or wants to see how I did any of the other Mods. let me know.

L8er, Chromie.

Last edited by *Chrominator*; 10-02-2009 at 01:26 AM.