R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A few pics of my Revo killer
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Pope NJ
I would put my savage toe to toe with a truggy any day of the week. Not taking anything from truggies they are great vehicals that being said my savage can keep pace NP. Build it right, Shim it right you will have NP. It takes skill, time, and the abilty to see things that few others see, and think outside the realms of what is normal to build a great savage. Very few things on my truck did I walk into the LHS and just buy and use for their intended purpose. Second as time goes buy less and less of the parts on my truck are even HPI parts. The trucks that many of us build from a savage and in the image of a savage. Are hardly savage's anymore they are more one off creations. There are hundreds of them built by my friends over at HPISF and not a one is the same as another.

Props to you for you Savage !!!! takes alot of work to make em go good !

However I would LOVE, and I mean love to give you a lesson on what a Truggy can do...... OMG would you be in for a shocker on our supercross style tracks.....You honestly would have no hope whatsoever of keeping pace with the Truggies on many of the tracks we run...... You would be lucky to keep your truck together to be honest with you...Huge jumps, tight corners and short runups...completely the wrong style of track for any MT no matter how well built........ Now I can see a MT keeping up on some track styles, Savagesam has proved that already...However many tracks here are outright nasty and would put the MT at such a massive disadvantage it wouldn't even be fair......At our nationals out of 16 trucks starting the main only 4 were able to finish clean, 2 more finished but they had missed many laps of the race on the pit table...so that is 4 out of 16 trucks able to finish the race if that gives you any idea what we run on...Truggies and Buggies can cope with the Supercross style tracks and don't have issues with the short run big jumps, MT's get murdered no matter what you do to them........

So IMO I can see a MT keeping pace on certain style of tracks, but definitely not on the big jump supercross style tracks.....

PopeNJ do you race ? have you raced ? how did you do ? and did your times match the Truggies ?