R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution II
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2002, 06:29 PM
hobbipro
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

TRF, I ordered my EVO II from stellamodels in HK. I found him on Ebay. HE sells them for $245 + $28 S&H, Not a bad price at all seeing as tower is going to sell it for $489 once it hits the states. It took 7 days to reach me via air mail. Good service if you ask me. If you want to see if he has any type in "Tamiya Evolution" on ebays item bar.
Secondly, yes the ball diff is almost impossible to get to once its in the car. The key is to get it adjusted right before you stick it in the car. I have built many cars over the years, and have a good feel for adjusting a diff. Simply take 2 allen keys or something to hold both outdrives, and try to turn the diff gear while holding on tightly. The gear should not be able to turn whatsoever! I played with the EVO diff for hours to find a good set point, and 1/4 turn from all the way tight works good. Especially if your using a hot mod like I am. Anything over 1/2 turn from tight, and it starts to slip. So basically no more than 1/2 turn. Dont worry if it feels notchy at first, after a few runs it breaks in and feels nice and free.
I ordered a front ball diff today, so we shall see next week how it runs. I've never been a fan of front one-ways in my other cars since my tracks are outside on asphault, and not always the cleanest.