R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Dyno numbers don't mean anything!
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 07:41 AM
BigDogRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

DynoMoHum- first of all who are you? Second, you are way off by saying a Fantom dyno is worthless. Eric Anderson is Todd Putnam's right hand man and tunes the majority of the winning motors at big races that he attends and he uses a Fantom dyno. And in reference to your coments on Trinity stock motor dyno numbers I previously would have agreed with you but not since they went to the Fantom dyno. And if you will notice the brushes are much more broken in than they used to be. I'm not a Trinity lover by far, but I know what I see, and I've seen proof that the motors with better sticker numbers are better motors these days. You say you can't tell anything about a motor until it's been properly broken-in, well then how is it that we can tell if a motor is strong by watching the amps @ 2 volts on tha T35 with brand new fresh brushes?

I'm sorry DynoMo, you might be a nice guy and all, but I've been watching a lot of the stuff you post and some of it is good, some is questionable, but you have discredited yourself with that last post.

Guys this is a perfect example of why you can't always believe or trust everything you read on the forums just because someone seems as if they know what they are talking about.