R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - electric vs. nitro
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 PM
shanty140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Both have there PROS ans CONS. I have both and like them the same. On wide open track I am able to be faster with the electric. But on tighter track I am faster with the nitro. The reason being is because the turning on the nitro is just so much better, but the available top end of the electric is a lot faster. It might be the opposite of what you would think but it's how it has worked for me. Once more vehicles come out that are electric based and not nitro converted into electric I think electric will have the advantage. Of course if you are running longer then 15 minutes (I can get 18 minutes on my 8ight) nitro is going to have the advantage because the electric will have to do a battery swap. But if you don't want to tune and just plug and play electric is for you.

If you are having reliability problems with your electric you most likely have to check your setup. I ran a Mamba Monster for all summer and a Novak HV 6.5 for a couple months and only had one problem with the Mamba which Castle replaced under warranty for free. On the entire season in the electric open class I only heard of one problem electronically.