R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 10:29 AM
sands
Tech Addict

Not to wade in on one side or the other on the car v. car discussion. It's all well and good though the car must match the driver's particular style. This is why some people are faster in one kind of car then another - and why which car wins the NATS is pretty useless - other then for bragging rights.

I moved from a tc3 to a xray - fast in both and it took me about 4 race weekends in each to really dial each in.

In 12th at a recent regional 2 day event - the top guys where running 12l3s, CRCs and Speedmerchants. Even saw a A main Yok and I think a Corraly. All the top guys where within a couple laps of each other. I'd wager its more a matter of clean driving and good setup - regardless of the car - that makes the difference.

If an experience racer switches cars and is slower in the new car - then they haven't spent the time to figure out the new car, or they are "experienced", but not skilled.

Truely good drivers should pick up any car and be fast in it. This is the case for RC and real cars. Cyrul picked up an xray and qualified for the A in TC at Cleveland. Pro drivers like Boris Said can move from champ cars to touring cars to sports cars and be fast in all of them. My point is - experience doesn't nessicarily correlate to skill or which car you have.

Fast is more a driver/setup thing then a car thing.