R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What does "Dry start" mean?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Mr. Twister
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
Hi everyone,

JUst got my first nitro buggy and im reading more on the engine. I have a nova rossi +4 and they mention something called a Dry start.. can someone explain to to me.. google isnt being much help either.

I been reading on actually how to start the car being that it would be the first time im starting a nitro buggy and im learning all that i can.

In general, a dry start is what happens when your motor is new, you install it in the car right out of the box, and start it on the box without priming the motor, or lubing the motor before starting, you should always pull the motor appart and check for any machining debree that may have been overseen. If you have any afterun oil to dab on the cylnder wall's it is a good idea to do that, as well as on all the moving part's, crank pin, wrinstpin and bearing's, this will give some lubrication before the motor is started, once the motor is in the car, you can blow into the exaust stinger and it will push fuel right to the car so you not turning it over waiting for the pipe to prime the tank, once you have done this, the motor will fire almost instantly, then proceed with your breakin, hope this help's.