Thread: Carcar
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 04:52 PM
slotcarrod
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IronRing Racing

PM Hobbycraft Update
Discussion of requests by many members for more parts support from PM Hobbycraft, and the actions that the CarCar exec have taken over the last 2 years to try to address the issue.
Club Racing Discussion/Motions (15min discussion max, then vote)
I'm very disappointed in you Josh Carter! After all the money and prizes that have been given the club over the years! You have thrown myself and PM right under the bus! I challenge you to find a store that you can walk into and pull as wide a range of parts right off the shelves! You can look in any major city! Try LA or New York even! If you would take a minute pull your head out of (enter name here) ass, you would see this!

Just because we no longer sell a certain fantastic European brand, should not give you the right to judge us! That brand was sold many times directly from the "distributor" to end users and so called "sponsored" drivers. You know first hand of this and cannot deny it! It was no longer in our interest to stock a dead line that just sat on the shelves.

You seem to be looking out for your "so called sponsor" (enter name here). As now, you offer these items for sale direct to the club! Do you have a business license to do so? Is the "so called sponsor" allowed to do so by the companies he distributes for? Never mind.... He sells direct all the time anyway!

Shame on you!

As for the good members of Carcar and Karz. I have been trying to get Tamiya parts for the M and TT01 chassis as much as I can. I am only allowed as a North American store, to buy from Borgfeldt and Tamiya USA distributors. If they don't have certain items in stock, the items go on back order. At times I will order 12 of each item and only receive 3 or 1! This is very frustrating for us all. I will talk to Tamiya when I'm in Chicago a few weeks from now!

I have explained this Tamiya problem to Jim Evans of Karz about 5 times now. I hope the message is relayed to the club members now! We are doing our best with what we have to work with! I am bulking up on Tamiya everywhere I can find it!

We are hording Tamiya M and TT01 parts. We are stocking all the Associated on road car parts TC5R, 12R5.1 and Worlds GT. We are getting the Cyclone and a compliment of parts for those that want a different brand. We are going to beat the final Jaco and SMC prices that Josh has offered!

Rod Littau