stock 1
3.75 timing

5.26 ratio.
58mm form. rollout 34.6

running time 6 min ( heat mode ) then

smoke come out ...

wat i did wrong..
Hello beaim,

I actually cannot comment why the motor was blown. I personally blew the SP 11.5 V3.0 as well, but my setting was definately more than what you were doing. Therefore I am surprise at the motor blowing up with the setting you have set.

First question: DO YOU HAVE A HEAT SINK AND A FAN ON YOUR MOTOR? If yo don't then you would know why you have burnt the motor.

For me I have the setting as follows:
Punch 10
Start Response 8X
Timing 18.75
STOCK II
RATIO 5.25

As you can see that my setting is much more aggressive than your setting, but if you do not have a fan and heat sink on it. This would be the major cause of the blow up. Also do you turn the timing on the motor? If you did, by how much.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, the SP V3.0 motor is a very very weird motor in terms of gearing. Let leave the performance bit out of it, but it is just plain weird for the gearing part where everyone else is gearing their motor at 5.8-6.2 for the Team Powers and even the SP V2.0 motors using STOCK I 18deg timing, the SP V3.0 would be geared with 5.2-5.4 ratio using STOCK II.

At the end of the day, we are all looking for speed and the Achille's heel of todays power plant is the motor. As the battery becomes more powerful and the ESC having newer softwares and newer concepts, it just puts the strain on the motor, so the many blowups that I have seen in recent times.

As a word of caution, always measure the temp of the motor after every 5min interval and 2min interval there after as to make sure you got the temp rght. The temperature should never be at anytime more than 85deg C. (p.s. I meant continuous 5 min run, not that run two lap rest one lap as this would not give you a clear indication of the real temp.)