R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 05:24 PM
SweepRacingUSA
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Guys all the jr link does is make a longer front camber link. Since they couldnt make a longer link on the tower due to the wide diff they came up with the jr link and made it longer on the C hub. its not rocket science.

The setup I ran at jackson for example with Sorex took about 6-8 runs before I would get a noticeable ring on the inside of the tire, Never ran the JR link there I thought it sucked.
since I chopped my upperdeck Jrlink been help me alot at Jackson, besides I always thought it was too much camber gain with the link, I even made a hole higher on the shock tower to reduce gain but wasnt working well at 360, I like to have my tire very closed to 90deg with the surface at the bottom out suspension down travle.

Originally Posted by John Tag
I will say, I too am a big fan of camber gain... I been running 3 on front tower and tall ball stud with 2*- camber 4* Blocks, High front roll center,1.8mm spacer under ball stud on steering hub and inside on rack (1)...But ring on inside tire isnt that bad. I have had that ring worse in past thou when car was tight....
you nuts! tag!tall ball studs(lunsford) gave me way too much camber gain, high roll center, 1.8 mm under the ball and A 41t front pulley! your a NUTS tag...

reason why I tried the Jrlink is cause aftrer xray race Paulie hand me his tires and I found no ring on his Jaco blue tire, this is the tire what enjoys maximum neg camber, mine had rings after 2 runs all of the ppl around me did, but not his, and I bielive he ran with 1 set of tires all day, I even took some picture of it and post it herer before.

then I also had so much initial steering by running a Lucas deck so I thought about calm the car down a bit with Jrlink and I think I made my car steer good over all and save my tires alots! 2 birds one stone!