R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rule changes and classes for 2010
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
cliferton
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dondor
People, I am done with the talk of VTA.

When you understand that it's not the top speed down the straight that is beating you, then maybe we can talk about what we really need to do to keep the class running.

Our tracks we build have 1 straight that a dynamic timing speedo will be useful. ONE. I can get about 2 tenths a lap just from that.

Infield speed because my car is set up correctly and lines I drive are correct is why people are getting smoked.

I'll even give you a better example. My car is much faster on a straight than Q's VTA is. Know what? He will beat me by at least a lap. Know why? He sets up better than me, his car handles better than mine, and he drives faster lines around the infield than me. That is where I lose to Q.

17.5 4cell / black can 6cell / 27turn 4cell will not keep up with 21.5 Lipo even if the dynamic timing doesn't exist. All things (driver skill / set up) being equal.

I have read the rules from the USVTA website. Nothing I have done to my car has violated the rules. I have the SAME equipment in my car since we started it this year. New motor cause the first one went up in smoke... but other than that... same stuff. Mathematically I can prove that dynamic speedos are not beating everyone by what they think they are. I fail to see the issue at hand everyone is seeing.

What I see is the choices available to use are somewhat equal, but not equal. What I see is technology being blamed for other issues.

Tell my why we used to run Sportsman IGT and Expert IGT?

Tell me why when we have the entries we run Sportsman 1/10th nitro and Expert 1/10th nitro.

In both of those classes... the equipment is the same. Same size motor... same size fuel cell... same size car... same body type... Why do we have a seperation of class?

Because you have people just learning set up / driving lines and all that. You put some of the Sportsman drivers with the Expert nitro... they get blitzed. I did. I remember it. It wasn't fun... So I drove Sportsman. Take Ronnie Ewing as an example. Drove Sportsman all last year. Moved up this year to Expert, learned alot about setup and driving lines. Now he is very very competitive in the Expert nitro. Did he get a Warp Factor 7 engine? No.

If people are getting hammered by 4 laps, why are we not separating the class? Is it more fun to come on the boards and debate? Let's penalize the ones that HAVEN'T BROKEN OR BENT ANY RULES.

Read that again. Haven't broken or bent any rules. People are complaining that there is no door to door racing. There is. The ones that are 4 laps down are door to door with the others that are 4 laps down. The ones 4 laps ahead are door to door with the others that are 4 laps ahead.

That is nothing more than a division of skill / setup. Race them together for more fun on the track like the 24hours of LeMans or whatever that race is where there are multiple classes on the track at the same time. Set up guidelines where you have a division so people can compete with others on their level.

A racer will never get any faster unless he / she races with someone that is faster than they are.

Set a goal. Work toward it. If your car is ill handling... Why? What is it doing? How do you go about solving it? If I lose to John Jolley by 2 laps this week... my goal next week is to get my car handling better, drive some better lines, and if I do lose... make it closer. Then I can see my progress.

What happens if we dyno cars to 24mph, turn off dynamic timing, and people still lose by 4 laps?

What then?

I'm done with this part of the discussion.
+1

yep yall will still be cheating because if you don't use dynamic timing and you still win that bad you have to be....guess I am cheating because i have no problem keeping up with yall on the straight with a 3 YEAR OLD SECOND HAND TC SPEC ESC!!!