R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Post pics of ur boats
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 06:37 AM
DLM

Thumbs up post pictures

Keeping boat dry. Test in bathtub first. Now check out a boat and see how hard it is to tape the cover down. Sometimes you have to double the width with tape due to various shapes. Next the servo wire to rudder should have plenty of grease if you use the rubber nipple type water preventer. I use 1/8" plastic tube and grease the inside of plastic. Next is the stuffing tube and many make the mistake of too large a tube for wire,cable and the like. I like the teflon liner which comes with size of cable and is matched to stuffing tube. Grease here also. Check seams of boat, especially in bow after it is put together, hard to really do a excellent job within. Watercooling can leak but just run water thru with water line hose and blow thru line. Receiver; use a balloon with a piece of folding towel under rx and some tie this off. I cut the narrow part of balloon off, works for me. Now some use Cling wrapping cellophane which is good but add towel inside for insurance. Nothing is perfect, but servo, just unscrew the bolts alittle and force grease in crevices and force grease around servo horn. Now heres another item; use Corrosion-X spray into rx and then use hairdryer and blow out most of spray and turn upside down on a towel, plus wipe off led wires and exterior so dust doesn't collect. This should help. Have a good day!