R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB Evolution V MS
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 05:19 PM
YDBD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The debut race...

Well didn't make the B main as planned as we had 25 entries in the 23T class, not the usual 20...

For practice I was taking it pretty easy and giving way to traffic, until some guy wanted a battle and I over corrected and BAM into the side wall, busted the front right C hub and pulled the back turnbuckle screw....lucky Paulie had extras...

back in to the quals....1st qual did pretty good, 5th, but the top 4 lapped me twice...ouch...ran stock set up with 36R sorex tires.

2nd qual, not quite as good think I took 6/7, but no breakage. Forgot to sauce my tires....got slippy.

C main, made it round the course fine, think I placed around 5th or 6th, results not posted till Thursday. Ran 40R sorex tires, got hot on the track......

Overall the car did well, so did Paulies, but he also broke a right front C hub...twice....

On a sour note, we have a hak on the track, we affectionately call "Hak-san" as he is Okinawan. After passing him, I came into a 180 turn and noticed this yellow car at full throttle, as a made my turn he just missed my rear end and finally turned and went sideways into the tube. I fully believe he had intended to use me as his turning brake. Eventually he did break. I'm not fond of these guys...