R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 08:41 AM
tfrahm
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCManila
Hello, I have an SP Marc Rheinhard version of the 13.5 and geared(FDR) at 4.2 (Temp after 5mins is about 175-180*F)...our track is around 48meters straight away (Indoor/Asphalt). I ran the motor today (3rd Race Day = 6-8 runs per day) and after the 3rd qualifying and before the 1st main it cogs then stopped!
I disassembled the motor and found out that the 'A' tab was desoldered and I resoldered it back and oiled the bearings and tried the motor again. It worked for 1 lap then started to cog again then stopped!
For the 2nd time I disassembled the motor and found out that the 'B' & 'C' tabs was desoldered and I resoldered it back and tried the motor on the bench...Its not working properly as it cogs even more then stopped.
I would like to ask if anyone have any idea why is this happening?
Also, is there anywhere I can send the motor for repair or replacement?
Any help or PM from a company would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

The experts can probably give you a better answer, but for me, you may have answered your own question with this bit of information:
(Temp after 5mins is about 175-180*F)...
Sounds like you may have cooked the stator windings and/or caused the rotor to lose magnetic strength - all of which will kill a motor...? Motor internals don't just start un-soldering themselves for no reason... Excessive heat can even kill the motor bearings by cooking out all the lube, so you may also want to check them?