View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #550
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
the iic used that concept. they used the fastest 3 laps of your practice to seed you in the qualifiers of the first day. that is the heat you start on the first day. I am not sure I like that. because, well practice heats were now important and guys were cutting down tires just for pratice. even the spec wgt class, i know guys that user 2 set of tires on practice day because it made a difference what heat they would be in on the first qual day.
It was a different way to seat the heats, but not only the tires, but I saw a few guys overgeared big time and just run a couple of laps, that never did equal those lap times the rest of the weekend, just to get in a higher qualifier. A flaw in the system, but anyone that picked that stategy, well, no rules to cover it.

I can tell you, that just about any speed control will benefit from wiring it out this way, and all are capable of doing it. Don't get fooled into the "purple sock" syndrom, just give it a try and learn something. What if it was a Tekin that the CRC guys decided to use instead, but wired that way? Would the debate be more about the software over the hardware?
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote