R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Yokomo TC, the BD-5
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 07:53 AM
ROBORAT
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I think Martin said that the new chassis is for stick packs, not lipos. Use the standard chassis for lipos. I would have to agree. One of the new top decks comes with upgraded servo mount and center brace that provides side support for lipo packs. So I would use that. Also, the new stick pack chassis is wider than the standard chassis. I wouldn't say that's a performance upgrade.

I notice how the 416X moves the motor 1mm closer to center. The BD5 already has this. I noticed this when I first got the BD5 and comparing it to my old 416.

I tried 4.0 and lipo a month or two ago.... That's just crazy! Make sure you turn your throttle expo to like -50% or -70%. The torque is just insane!
i was under the impression that the chassis had lipos in mind. .... i guess not. in any case, i do run the stock chassis anyways with my lipos. and yes, 4.0 with a lipo is really overkill. i run mod myself mostly and find a 4.5 to be ideal especially at our local track. as mentioned the car is great with the stock chassis and upper deck .... dont really have problems keeping the packs in place coz i have those steel battery slot inserts that you stick to the bottom of the pack with double sided tape to secure the pack in place. works like a charm ...

elwyn: of the two new upper decks, is one thicker than the other? i notice one has more material than the other so that would obviously add stiffness as well.