R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Jaz406
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
the best thing to do IMO is see what Rob K and the USVTA decide on...if you have a GTB, just run it...most tracks are coming up with local solutions to slow down the cars...buy what you like as long as its within the rules...but just be aware that we all are looking for a solution...
Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I've seen them in TA. They can lower their starting profile, turn down motor/esc timing and shut off the turbo. The correct way to address issues like this is to ask the gentleman/woman to kindly find a way to slow their car down to an acceptable race pace. Most good drivers will still drive a car that's .4 sec a lap slower much faster than the guy who gets fast lap, but his other 19 fast laps are 2 seconds slower.
Thanks for the info guys,

The VTA car was to be the home for the gtb since in 17.5 I need/ must have a different speedo.

I believe that event organizers should ask the participants to change the profiles/boost setting to comparable level so that if a "second gear" is seen that the racers gearing and profiles be checked via flashing light or laptop software.

either way the spirit in witch VTA is ran in must be kept.

"MOST IMPORTANTLY: If it's not in the rules, and does not encompass the spirit of slower, controlled racing with realistic looking cars, consider it illegal."

Kind of like getting a fine for "actions detrimental to NASCAR"