R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Team Kwik
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Disgust

After sitting here reading 34 pages the only word I can use to describe the way I feel about RC in general is disgust. What on earth happened to this sport that I grew up and always loved so much.

When I was growing up this was all about innovating. Trying new things and bringing them to races was always a huge part of this hobby, it's what made it what it is today. I remember walking through the pits and seeing hand crafted cars and electronic devices one after another, almost too many unique and exciting things to count. Everyone has been so caught up in politics and internet banter that they completely overlook the fact that we are tumbling at break-neck speed down a very slippery slope. Everyone wants to win even if it means changing the rules to do so. This couldn't be further from where we started, and for that matter where we flourished.

I had a discussion with a local racer today about the rules for the upcoming Grand Slam series. There is confusion about who can run what if they finished 4th in what race. If you have won a ROAR event in stock you are banned from competing in stock for 5 years, but if you finish 2nd you are also banned form competing in stock at some non-ROAR events. Now you can't run that really cool part you made yourself because it's not "production" and everyone else can't have it. Hey you, over there, that software looks like it's too new!

What in hell are the organizers, the ROAR administration and all of you people in here whining trying to do to OUR COMMUNITY? Is this your idea of making things better and building our industry?

Way to rule-f**k the industry people, I couldn't be less interested in flying a team to any event right now. Disgusting.

Nick