R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 09-16-2009, 05:21 PM
mikky32
Tech Master

I drive today the Photon of a club member.
I used my own radio and motor.
All the other things were from my club member.

This car run better than the first time I drove a Photon. Not because the other car wasn't good but this car had already some setup settings i normally use.
I helped him with his setup so the car was running like I like more.
There is still some work to do with the setup. i go tomorrow to the track to change some small things on the setup.
I want a bit more steer but i now how to solve it. The rear is to stable so I make it looser.
I drive this car this Sunday with the race.

I may change his setup because he likes my setups on the TOP ARP he had.
he also wants some more steer.
The corner speed is just great. Also a lot of roll in the corners. The car really rolls very smooth true the corners and react very direct and is very stable.

The car has now a to in from 3.0 but i lower this to around 2,5 or even lower.
The rear shocks will go a bit straighter. Roll center in the rear will also go a bit up. wheel base a bit shorter.
I will post my setup tomorrow.
It's for a outdoor track size straight end 35m.

I hope to have my car next week.
This car feels so good. I drove many cars. not all of them were from me but this car feels just right even with a setup that I don't like.
I drove the first few laps 15,4sec and after one small change on the setup I won already 0,2sec and I feel that this is just the beginning. Also was the track a lot cooler and it was starting to get dark. Normally the car goes slower but now I was faster.
14,518 is my personal record and I now that this will go faster. I hope this Sunday.