R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?
Old 09-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by abailey21
I agree to a point,

In the case of Tekin and the IIC specifically Randy showed up netbook and hotwire in hand and had a line by his little corner the remainder of the weekend.

I had mine for any of the Speed Passion guys that needed it and any privateers that asked.

I think if there is a representative present willing and able to do said updates there shouldn't be a problem as long as it's made available to all the users of the products not "just" team drivers.
This makes sense in a way. I am sure the Tekin cusotmers will be taken care of. But think about the problem with the new speedo.

Let's say the other ESC did not exist and that Tekin had a new program that did exactly what this other ESC did. Those with Tekin ESCs would be well off, but those that showed up with other stuff would be out of luck. But if the customer had known that the Tekin program would be available 14 days before the event, they would be able to plan to acquire the ESC and take advantage of the new program.

To me, showing up at the race with a newly programmed Tekin is not much different than showing up with a new ESC.