R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:29 AM
theisgroup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Correct...but...

I was going to use a 7.4v pack for my WGT but I was afraid of frying my receiver and servo. I thought about getting voltage regulator to knock down the voltage to 6v. There's no language stating that practice would be illegal...actually they almost encourage doing something like this to prevent equipment failure. If what I read is true, that's what Advanced has done internally on their ESC. All the ESC's is doing is taking the 7.4v from the receiver pack and knocking the voltage down to 6v to power the receiver.

Like I said ROAR will have to clearly define that. I'm sure there will need to be something specified about how the pack can be wired into the receiver.

i will be honest, i don't so much care how the "advance" product works. but it is the product that brought to light how little rules there are governing what a "speed" controller can do.

crc came with a speedo. Scotty and crew allowed it. Brian would have won stock with or without the advanced speedo. I mean there was no one else in the A main that has ever made an A main at big event. that is end of the story about the iic.

i would like to see this thread move on and see rules put around the speedo control and it's function. there are soo many ways to cheat in the speedo and there is nothing to say that you cheated. i know that the speedo is the most complex part of the car now, but there still need to be rules governing it's function and how it performs that function