R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 04:31 AM
cosmo1974
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Well it's 2am, and I've finally finished a long drawn out search to figure out what the heck was tweaking my car so bad lately. I've noticed there was a tweak in mt car and no matter how many times I loosened all the bulkhead screws and tighten them back up, the car still had a twist.

As a result of my displeasure, I took apart the car entirely and slowly built it back up. Checking each piece of a sheet of glass to check to bent or tweaked parts. There were a few bulkheads in question, but that wasn't the case. It was a screw!!!! The screw itself was bent from some impact a long time ago. The bent screw was stressing the suspension block so much that it tweaked the chassis.

After that was figured out the overall tweak in the chassis was much better... Yet there was still a small amount left. I now loosened the servo mounts up and re tightened them down carefully. BINGO no more tweak.

I know this may seem kind of stupid of me to write this, but these are often very overlooked factors when maintaining your car. I try to tear my car down completely every month of racing. to check for bent bulkheads and whatnot.

-Korey
Its good to hear these war stories.
I'm sure it will help others diagnose like problems downstream.

Cheers