R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Brushless Motors and ROAR / IFMAR???
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Fasttrak
Tech Regular

Originally posted by lee82gx
I think in mod,all brushless systems should be allowed.no speed restriction.i mean even if someone whips out a 6T Hacker , it's still gonna have weight issues and not to mention plenty of cogging.
so in the end it balances out.
as for stock well it's better to have a separate class,where in it either ALL manufacturers adhere to a certain speed/torque standard that is easily verifiable.If the manufacturers cannot agree,then it'll have to be a class for every system(which frankly isn't that prospective)

In the very bottom line , brushless systems are only more efficient , it's not always faster.How can we say no to that??
I am finishing up a Hacker 7T with Pro controller on a BMI TC3 chassis and there is no cogging at all. The diffs are Hardcore and built very smoothly and they are set fairly firmly and will just spin the motor before it even gets to turn the diff action over. I have yet to try it but can only imagine how many watts this thing can put out, trouble is I believe it is going to be a handful with such limited controller settings on it's power curves available.