R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Foam tires splitting
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 02:43 PM
brc358
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Tires splitting

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Hi Bill, the shelf life on a used tire is short because of all the contaminants it picks up... I've reused tires before but I think I sat for only 2 to three weeks at most....

+ even if it doesn't split the tires should feel really dry...
Hi Francis,
They sure do pick up a lot of contaminats, and on a dirty track, it is even worse. I try and keep them clean, and bagged when not in use. I have found out that when they do dry up, by using Paragon,and then bag them, it drops the shore rating about 4 to 5 points on an 1/8th scale tire. But for a 10th scale tire, the Paragon only drops the ratings by 2 to 3 shores. I have been checking the tires lately, and thought the tires that are splitting were some of the tires that I have used a couple of times. But then I made it a point to start checking the new tires after one or two runs on them, and found some of them were starting to split. They are still useable fo course, just something that I have noticed when cleaning the cars and checking the tires. Are you going to CP this weekend?? Weather should be perfect this weekend.