R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tub Cyclone `S`
Thread: Tub Cyclone `S`
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 02:19 PM
spam77
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JSeay
AJ,

I think that you wold be better off with the actual spool kit for the cyclone, as well as the pro diff kit for the rear. I will bring mine out on Sunday if you are at DHW as I have the spool kit on mine and you can check it out.

On another note though how are you guys balancing your S left to right? Is useing two scales the only real option with the stock shock towers? I know on some of the touring cars there is a hole in the middle of the shock towers that you can run a string through and lift your car with to see if your car is balanced left to right.
vasso and Jseay,

Yeah, was trying to avoid spending money on a spool. When I built the TC5 kit... in order to make a front spool you basically just skip putting the bearings in and tightened it down. I think I'll go ahead and gamble and go with the makeshift Cyclone-S spool... since I really don't want a front differential anyways, I can just try running that until it blows up... then get the spool kit.

The reason I bought a Cylcone-S was the smaller upfront budget involved... To see if I can make a competitive car from just the $160. So, I'll see how it works with as minimal added investment as possible. Although, I may not even be that good/experienced of a driver to even notice the subtleties between a makeshift/real spool yet or even the pro rear diff for that matter!

Thanks again!
-AJ