R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI DB10R!!!
Thread: BMI DB10R!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Clegg

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I used the weighted tray with mine and Frank ran his without the weighted tray at the IIC. With the weighted tray and the DB9 body my car was well over weight and Frank had to add 28 grams to his to make weight. I used plastic blocks shoe goo'd to the weighted tray to hold the battery in place so I wouldn't have to tape the pack in and it worked very nicely. If I had a uni-bit with me at the time I probably would have lightened the tray just enough to bring the car back down to weight. Here's a pic of my cars on RC50, you can see how I had the blocks glued in on this:

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=62&pos=598
Hrm... So I know for sure I dont want to run a heavy car... that sorta goes against the whole LiPo thing... so no heavy tray for me although the blocks on the tray do make it look like it holds good without the need for tape.

But I Guess I'll need to use tape if I plan to run 1/10th... grr I was just so happy about getting away from tape in the 1/12th.

Would be nice if thr 10RR chassis could get the treatment that the 12RR did to make a pocket for the 1S packs and some retainment mech that would not require taking the time to tape in a pack everytime we need to swap one. The CRC XL's that were there didnt need the pack taped in did they? (Hunting for pics)